Lombok is an island located near Bali and has attracted lots of visitors every year. This island is specifically situated in West Nusa Tenggara province, Indonesia. This is often called as Paradise Island because the beauty embodied is mesmerizing. You might as well get to know travel tips to Lombok Island before departing to the location. There are many things to do while you stay in Lombok. It is recommended that you spend the type of long-term vacation instead of the short one.
Arrival to Lombok is by boat or air because this island is accessible. To help you be more prepared with our travel plan to Lombok Island, here are the tips:
- You need to pay attention on what you are going to eat when you stay in Lombok. If you are not so fan of spicy foods then you should check before placing your order. Not all foods are added with chili condiments but most of them are. If you are spicy foods lover then this place is our heaven.
- Next travel tips to Lombok Island is to respect the local custom in this place. Indonesia is mostly dominated by Muslim so you need to dress modestly by not revealing skin too much. You need to behave when you visit religious places like mosque or temple.
- You can not only explore the beaches while you are in Lombok. There is the infamous Mount Rinjani you should explore. Mount Rinjani is the second highest volcano in Indonesia. This is active volcano which makes it more interesting to explore. In this Mountain, you will also find beautiful lake called Segara Anak.
- You can also explore the beauty of waterfalls such as Sendang Gile and Tiu Kelep. Those waterfalls are located at the base of Mount Rinjani. The waterfalls are easy to access. You will witness fresh water falling from the rock.
- When you come to Lombok of course you are not supposed to miss the gilis. Gilis in native language means small islands. There are many small islands in Lombok such as Gili Nanggu, Gili Air, and Gili Trawangan. Do your favorite activities such as swimming, diving, or snorkeling. Or you can just walk around the coastline. Transportation like cars or motorcycles is not allowed around gilis. It makes the environment feels cleaner.
- Another attraction you shouldn’t miss in Lombok is Pusuk Pass. The view is beautiful and scenic. Besides, you will get to meet wild monkeys. You can feed them but be careful with your belongings. They are little mischievous and are not afraid to visitors.
- Next travel tips to Lombok Island are not to miss Pink Beach. Remember that there are only seven pink beaches in the world and Lombok is a home to one of them. The pinkish sand is caused by the pink hued coral reefs. In this beach, you can enjoy snorkeling, or just sunbathing. The color will deepen depends on the time. Early morning is the best time to see the most pinkish sand.