Phuket has become a popular travel destination for travelers around the world. This is actually a great place if you are looking for relaxing vacation. When you think of Phuket in Thailand then it is possible to think of 2004 tsunami. However, it is still a great place to visit especially the beach is just mesmerizing to the eyes. While having a relaxing vacation in Phuket, you can do many fun activities. Here are some tips of what to do when travelling to Phuket Thailand:
- Phuket has iconic place which is called James Bond Island. It appears that this spot had appear in 1976 James Bond film titled The Man with the Golden Gun. Therefore, this place had become more famous since then. The access to the spot is easy. You can reach James Bond Island or in local is called Koh Khao Phing Kan via boat tours.
- Aside from beach activities, you can also explore another side of Phuket since it also has greenery which deserves your visit. This is more exciting since you can explore the greenery via the zip line tours. This is a great opportunity to fly through the Jungle safely. This is also suitable activity for adrenaline seeker.
- Thailand is home to Buddhist heritage. Phuket is also home to Buddhist temples that can be visited by travelers. In Phuket, there is special Buddhist heritage in a form of 150 foot tall Big Buddha marble statue. It is a monument located at the top of the hill in Phuket specifically in the southwestern corner of the island. When you visit this spot, you will be presented with scenic view from above. It is recommended to visit this place during sunset since the iconic color of descending sun just amplifies the beauty of the view.
- One of the liveliest and wildest places in Phuket is Patong Beach. This is where you can enjoy the lively nightlife specifically on Bangla Street. You can enjoy you special drinks accompanied by popular music. If you are not into party, you can still visit this area during the day to browse or shop interesting stuffs in one of the stores in the shopping mall. Or, you can also enjoy lunch at one of high-end restaurants lined along the area.
- Next thing you should do while travelling in Thailand is to try Thai foods especially since they are already famous internationally. There are various foods you should try such as yellow curry with crab or the locals call Bu Pad Pong Kuree, Green Curry Chicken, Pad Thai, Congee Pork Porridge, and many more. You can visit Banzaan Fresh Market or Phuket Weekend Market to have a taste of various Thai foods.
- While travelling in Phuket, it is also recommended to learn more about the local culture such as by enjoying the Siam Niramit. It is a performance representing Thailand heritage and culture. If you are into sport, you can visit the Bangla Boxing Museum to watch a match of Muay Thai, special sport/martial art originated from Thailand.